Nobody likes eating the same food over and over again. Even our dogs also don’t like to eat the same food daily. When you serve the same food daily, they will not find it tasty or will eat less. And as a result, they won’t get proper nutrition. By making meals for your dog, you can be sure that your dog is getting exactly what it needs. Using the right recipes will make your dog feel happy and healthy.
And you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of dog food recipes available. No matter what your pet needs, these recipes are healthy and wholesome, and dogs will love them. In order to make your life easier, we have compiled a list of healthy homemade dog food recipes that will provide proper nutrients to your dog.
Homemade Dog Food: What Are The Benefits?
If your pet suffers from allergies, skin conditions, or gastrointestinal problems, homemade dog food can be beneficial to them. Unlike highly processed food, the cooking process of healthy dog food from raw ingredients maintains more of its vital nutrients. In addition, when you feed your dog fresh food, you are in control of its diet and can keep it away from preservatives and chemicals. So, your dog will remain healthy and happy.
1. Turkey, Rice, And Veggie Mash
This recipe is perfect for pups who need to lose weight on a low-calorie and low-fat diet. This recipe yields 12 cups of dog food, which can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Moreover, it also contains a good balance of lean animal protein, healthy carbohydrates, and veggies. This homemade food is nutrient-rich and sure to please your dog.
To make this food, you’ll need-
- Water- 6 Cups
- Ground Turkey- 1 lb Raw Brown Rice- 2 Cups
- Dried Rosemary- 2 Tbsp.
- Frozen Or Canned Vegetables Like Broccoli, Carrots, And Cauliflower- ½ Cup
- Olive Or Coconut Oil- 1 Tbsp.
How to Cook?
Let’s see how to cook this food step by step.
- Add the water, ground turkey, rice, and rosemary to a big pot.
- The mixture should be evenly distributed until the ground turkey is broken up.
- Put it on high heat and let it boil for a few minutes before lowering the heat.
- Add the vegetables and let them cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Store the finished product in the refrigerator until it is time to serve it, after taking it out of the oven.
2. Woof Loaf Made At Home
It’s easy to make a loaf while stockpiling a large amount of food. Turkey, veggies, and eggs with oats make an excellent dog food pack. Serve your dog with this woof loaf of a healthy and tasty homemade dinner. Mix carrots and peas with lean ground turkey for a veggie-filled dish. Adding eggs and oats will make this loaf even tastier. And your little fluffy friend will love it.
Among the ingredients, you’ll need –
- Ground Turkey- 1 lb
- Chop Carrots- ½ Cup
- Peas- ½ Cup
- Oats- ½ Cup
- Raw Eggs- 2
- Boiled Eggs- 3
How To Cook?
Let’s see the cooking process –
- Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix lean ground turkey with peas and chopped carrots in a large bowl.
- Once the oats and eggs have been mixed properly, the loaf will come together. You can nourish your pet’s coat with oats and add extra protein with eggs. Olive oil should be lightly greased on a loaf pan before adding half the mixture.
- Cover the center of the loaf with half the ground turkey mixture and the three hard-boiled eggs.
- Serve your pet a slice of the cooled loaf. You should chop a slice up before feeding it to your dog.
3. Beef Stew
During these colder nights, soups and stews are the perfect meals for you and your dog also. The stew begins in a similar way to many homemade dog food recipes. A bowl of beef stew can meet your dog’s nutritional needs.
- Beef Stew Meat- 1 lb
- Sweet Potato- 1
- Chopped Carrots- ½ Cup
- Green Beans- ½ Cup
- Flour- ½ Cup
- Water- ½ Cup
- Vegetable Oil- 1 Tablespoon
How To Cook?
Here is how beef stew is cooked.
- Use a microwave for cooking the sweet potato until it is firm but tender.
- Cut the beef into small pieces, about the size of a quarter. For well-done beef stew, cook pieces in a tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep the beef drippings in the pan after removing the beef chunks. Then, add diced sweet potato to the pot.
- Using medium-low heat, warm the drippings. To create a thick gravy, whisk flour and water with the drippings.
- Combine the sweet potato, carrots, and green beans with the gravy in a large bowl. Cook for 10 minutes or until the carrots are al dente.
- Serve it after it has cooled. You can store it for five days in the fridge.
4. Simple Crockpot Recipe
If your dog has food allergies or is picky about what he eats, here’s a crockpot recipe for homemade dog food that might help. It takes just a couple of hours to cook everything in the crockpot, and you will end up with healthy, homemade dog food.
- Chicken or Beef- 3 lbs
- Chopped Butternut Squash- 1 Cup
- Rinsed Kidney Beans – 15 Ounces
- Peas- 1 Cup
- Diced Carrots- 1 Cup
- Raw Rice- 1.5 Cups
- Water- 4 Cups
How To Cook?
This recipe is very simple and easy to cook in a few steps. And they are-
- All ingredients should be placed in a crockpot.
- Stir from time to time while cooking on high flame for 4 hours or low flame for 6 hours.
5. Homemade Diabetic Dog Food
If your dog is suffering from diabetes, this recipe might be a lifesaver! Of course, you’ll need a beautiful yellow bean as the main ingredient of this dish. This can be a great addition to your pet’s diet.
- Water- 28 Cups
- Washed Chana Dal- 4 lbs (for voice: Pounds)
- Rewashed Brown Lentils- 1 lb (Pound)
- Soaked Black-Eyed Peas- 1 lb (Pound)
- Rinsed Green Peas- 1 lb (Pound)
- Washed Pearl Barley- 1 lb (Pound)
- Boneless Chicken Cubes- 5 lbs (Pounds)
- Turkey Ground- 1 lb (Pound)
- Pumpkin- 29 Ounces
- Broccoli, Carrots, Green Beans, & Chopped Spinach- 16 Ounces
How To Cook?
Let’s see the cooking steps of this recipe.
- Add water to a 20-quart pot, and heat it up.
- You can also add chana dal, brown lentils, black-eyed peas, green split peas, and barley. Stir frequently while cooking.
- Chicken breasts should be cut and added with ground turkey.
- Mix in pumpkin, and then add vegetables.
- Once most of the water has been absorbed, reduce the heat to medium-low and stir it frequently. Once cooled, store it in the fridge.
So these are the healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes You Must Try for your dog. Make these recipes at home and ensure your pet’s proper nutrition.